When performing outbound calling people in order to sell insurance, often times you will find yourself hung up on over and over and over again. One of the biggest mistakes made by those who sell insurance over the phone is that they are too boring or bland once they’ve gotten into a conversation with one of the people they plan on selling insurance to. Luckily, we’re here to give you insurance cold calling scripts to follow the next time you are trying to sell insurance over the phone. These can easily be used whether you’re performing call center campaigns with multiple agents or simply an independent agent doing his own thing.
Things to keep in mind while speaking with a potential customer…
- Keep a happy tone, no one likes talking to someone who sounds miserable or upset in any way.
- If they begin to be rude to you, or immediately hang up on you, don’t become upset. You want to keep a calm demeanor throughout or it will affect your next call.
- Ask questions. People like talking about themselves, and you’re sure to keep them on the phone longer if you ask them questions.
- While asking questions, you also want to keep things short. Not many people want to sit on the phone all day and listen to someone try to sell them insurance.
- Don’t give up. You’re going to be rejected a few times in a row. This is no reason to become distraught, and is also no reason to begin to think about giving up.
Best Practices for Cold Calling for Insurance Agents
While the tips provided above will help you be more successful with cold calling, employing some best practices will also help you succeed. Here are some best practices that can help you when you’re calling health insurance telemarketing leads or when consumers have an interest in another insurance product you sell:
- Stay Focused: If you’re trying to learn how to sell health insurance over the phone or you’re going to call prospects about another kind of insurance, it’s critical that you get and remain focused whenever you’re interacting with a prospect. While this may seem like common sense, it’s not unusual for insurance agents to not be fully engaged in the calls they make, especially if they don’t like cold calling or they’re afraid of being rejected.You can help your insurance agents keep their focus by creating a weeklong calendar of one-hour blocks of time that are exclusively for cold calling. During each block of time, the goal for every agent should be to attempt between 30 and 40 cold calls. Your team should view each assigned block of time as a business appointment they simply cannot miss.
- Get the Information You Need: The most effective telemarketing scripts are the ones that let insurance agents get to know the people on the other end of the telephone line. Since they don’t know anything about the person who just answered their call, you have to give your agents the freedom to ask probing questions about the individual’s current situation. This will achieve two things – it will make prospects feel like your agents genuinely care about their needs and it will give your agents the chance to identify additional areas where your products may benefit your prospects.When cold calling scripts for insurance are too restrictive, they can lead to lost sales. Remember that just because your original goal was to sell someone a health insurance policy, it doesn’t mean the person couldn’t use life insurance instead of or in addition to health insurance.
- Use Effective Telemarketing Scripts: While some insurance agents rally against using insurance cold calling script samples when they’re reaching out to prospects they don’t know, using scripts can be beneficial in several ways. First, they provide a common approach that all your agents can use to talk to prospects. This can prevent your agents from being at a loss for words, and it can ensure they cover all of the points they need to make with ease. Sales scripts can also drive every conversation your agents have with prospects in the direction that will increase the likelihood that they’ll close a sale.
Just like you’ve come to the right place if you’re looking for high-quality calling lists, you’ve also come to the right place if you’re looking for insurance sales script samples that can elevate your team’s performance.
Let’s begin with the general insurance cold calling scripts. We’re going to keep it short and sweet.
“Hello! How are you? I work for –insert company name- Do you have a moment to discuss insurance with me?”
Now if you are promted with no, you may thank them for their time, and continue on to the next person. If prompted with yes, you may say…
“Wonderful! Are you currently insured?”
No matter what they say here, you want to respond with…
“Have you considered –insert company name-?”
Again, no matter what they say, respond with…
“Well we’re a company that offers the best deals with the most coverage, and –insert more details here- and if you’re looking for better insurance, we can promise that we’re the best around. Would you be interested in purchasing insurance with us?”
If they answer no, try to sell them on it again. If they continue to respond negatively, thank them for their time, and move on to the next customer. However, if the response is yes…
“That’s great! I can patch you through to one of our insurance workers, would you like that? Or would you prefer I take your information and have them call you at another time?”
If they want to be patched through, thank them for their time and send them through to someone who can take their order, if they want to be called at a later time, get their number and again, thank them for their time.
It’s as simple as that! Following those insurance cold calling scripts is a sure fire way to get a few people every day to not only listen to you, but also possibly purchase insurance. If you need phone leads or consumer lists be sure to consider us for your business. In addition, if you need a do not call scrubber for removing DNC numbers that can be vital tool.