Tips for Successful Cold Calls Using Our Business Phone Lists
Once you’ve sorted one of our targeted business lead lists, you need to use some proven techniques that can help you get the most out of every cold call you make. Here are some tips that will help you improve your success rate:
- Develop an Appropriate Greeting: The way you greet someone on the phone lays the groundwork for how the remainder of the conversation is going to go. A lot of telemarketers greet people with a “Hello.” Set the stage for a successful cold call by greeting prospects professionally. Instead of saying “Hello” or “Hi,” greet your prospects with a “Good morning, Mrs. Smith” or “Good afternoon, Mr. Stewart.”
- Introduce Yourself: Follow your greeting by introducing yourself and your company. Don’t launch into an in-depth description of your products, which will give a prospect the chance to reject you immediately. Instead, make your introduction general while mentioning something about your products or services that may benefit your prospects.
- Express Appreciation: Always thank your prospects for letting you take up some of their time after you introduce yourself. As you’re thanking them, assure them you won’t take up more than a few minutes of their valuable time. Remember to thank your prospects again at the end of every call.
- Explain Why You’re Calling: It’s normally advisable to explain why you’re calling in the form of a question that’s designed to get your prospects to answer with a yes. Here’s an example of this kind of question: “If we can help you manufacture your products at a lower cost, would you want to know more about our services?”
- Schedule a Time to Meet: If a prospect is interested in what you’re selling, schedule a time to meet while they’re still on the phone with you. If the meeting is more than a few days away, be sure you follow up with your contact a day or two before the scheduled meeting to confirm they’re still available.
Connect with TelephoneLists.Biz
To learn more about our business phone lists and how you can use them to achieve your sales goals, contact TelephoneLists.Biz today.